Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Can't Help-Its

The Can't Help-Its - being unable to think of something to do when you want to do something; describes type of mood

Lately I've been having a major case of the can't help-its. I want to do something, but I'm not really sure what I want to do. Nothing sounds fun, or I am too tired. I feel blah and whiney 70% of the time, and during the other 30% I feel like I could "cut somebody". Now let's get real here, I would never actually cut someone - unless they started it, then I would have to intervene and finish it. Duh!

John and I talk about the can't help-its often. It usually occurs on a Friday or Saturday night and begins a little something like this:

John: "Hey boog, what do you want to do tonight?"
Me: "I don't know, but I know I want to do something."
John: "Okay! Would you like to go eat or see a movie?"
Me: "No, not really, but I think I am hungry."
John: "Okay! What would like to eat? Pizza, sushi, McDonalds.."
Me (whiney voice): "No. I can't think of anything that I want. Boog? I just got the can't help-its."

It makes for a long, unproductive night that usually leave you hungry as hell!


These are my can't help-it shoes that I wear whenever I decide what I want to do or eat because by that time it's around 10:30pm.

All opinions shared are my own - straight out of my roaming brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment